Martha Williams, Founder of Soulfire Yoga and Healing, offers personalized instruction in the practice of yoga and meditation as well as healing using the ancient practice of shamanism. She brings the transformative, restorative practice of yoga and meditation to individuals, families, groups and professionals in their home or work place. Shamanic healing sessions are conducted in person or remotely (via the phone or Skype).
Yoga and Meditation
The word “yoga” translates as “yoke” or “Union” describing the joining of body, mind and spirit through a practice that includes physical postures (asana), meditation, inward focusing (pratyahara) and breath control (pranayama). The benefits of practicing yoga and meditating are numerous and significant. They include:
- Lower blood-pressure
- Increased focus
- Improved flexibility
- Lower cortisol levels (cortisol is often referred to as the “stress hormone”)
- Stronger muscles and bones (that can reduce back pain and pain in our joints)
What is Shamanism:
Shamanism is a spiritual and healing tradition drawing on the wisdom and practices of ancient indigenous people from around the world. With shamanic work, we partner with the Spirit World to accelerate transformation and healing.
Shamanism is rooted in the belief that Spirit, divine life force, exists in all things and that Spirit can ignite the spark of healing within each of us.
Clients often note that committing to regular Shamanic practice offers healing in a variety of ways:
- guidance and insight into questions or challenges
- energy clearing and chakra balancing
- reconnection to animal totems
- soul retrieval after experiencing difficult situations, relationships or trauma
- accelerated physical and emotional healing
- stress relief and a sense of centeredness that is often lacking in an often frenzied and chaotic world.
Through the practice of shamanism, we can more walk differently through this life, with greater ease, presence and well-being.